Warriors In Network (WiN) is an online tool that facilitates connections within the WLC family. WiN was designed with the entire Warrior family in mind. Students can seek out alumni for advice, mentoring opportunities, and information about life after WLC. Alumni have a chance to give back by advising current students and serving as mentors. Alumni can also connect with fellow alumni to network around shared interests and career opportunities.
Alumni are the first to get started with WiN. Once a solid network of alumni have joined, students, faculty and staff will then be invited to join. Get started by creating your profile to allow members of the Warriors family to search for and contact you through WiN. Searching can be done by major, location, career field, or a number of other categories.
Benefits of Joining Warriors in Network
- Share your professional experiences and insights with fellow alumni and current WLC students
- Expand your own professional network
- Build up your resume
- Stay connected with fellow Warriors
- Discover talent that you could bring into your company or organization
- Grow in your interpersonal and leadership skills
- Discover fresh perspectives from others
- Shape and influence future generations of Warriors
- Contribute to the success of WLC alumni
WiN was intentionally designed to be flexible for alumni. We know that you are busy and have many personal and professional commitments. You have complete control over the connections you make and can decide how you want the relationship to work.
- Set your relationship expectations right away about when and how you will connect with others.
- Make sure you take time to get to know those in the WiN network. Strive to go deeper than surface conversation.
- Strive for mutual benefits. Take the time to be thoughtful and upfront about your needs and expectations.
- Approach your mentorship relationship with respect, professionalism, and an open mind.
- Commit to confidentiality and honesty.
- Respond to communications in a timely manner.
- Balance talking and listening. It’s natural to want to give advice, but also take time to listen to others’ perspectives.
- Introduce alumni and students to people they should meet in your professional network.
- Don’t always just give answers, also ask questions. Allow others time to reflect on their own experiences and encourage and support others as they come up with their own insights.
- Share your own successes and failures.
- Check in regularly. Keep connected and develop a pattern of regular engagement.
- Meet in person when possible. We encourage you to meet face-to-face whenever possible. In-person discussions tend to be the most meaningful and impactful. If you are not able to meet face-to-face, connect via webcam using services like Skype, FaceTime, or Google Hangouts.
Spread the word!
Tell your fellow alumni about your experiences! As a growing program, we rely on word of mouth to promote WiN.
We also appreciate your feedback. Send your suggestions for improvement to email@example.com.